At GE Energy
we're powering potential. Whether it’s our work with gas turbines, smart meters or wind energy, GE’s combination of science and technology is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into the products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry. Working with us means being a part of our ecomagination initiative and doing more than you ever thought possible to positively affect the future. If you’re a passionate, engaging team player looking to advance your career at a multinational company with an entrepreneurial feel, then join GE in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
Posted Position Title: Field Engineer Trainee (Mechanical)
Function Segment: Field Services
Job Number: 1542521
Business: GE Energy
City: Ikoyi - Lagos
Postal Code: 101233
Relocation Assistance: No
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.Provide on site technical direction and leadership during installation, startup, commissioning and maintenance to customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries).
The primary responsibilities of our Field Engineers are to :
Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of GE Energy.
Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of gas turbine, steam turbine generator products.
Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
Six sigma / quality initiative.
- University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification.
- 0-1 year work experience
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- A depth of relevant experience in energy power industry
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbine & Generator sets and all related offbase related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions.
- Willingness and ability to travel significantly with no geographical restrictions
- Must have ability to perform night work as required to meet business needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
10th June, 2012
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here