, one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer, OTC
Reporting To: Head of Engineering
Type of position: Permanent
Planning and implementing all maintenance schedules for the equipment in OTC manufacture along with associated services i.e. compressed air system, HVAC system and chillers at the GSK Agbara site. Also, to identify and implement improvement activities in the assigned areas.
- Work with internal customers to plan and scope the maintenance activities
- Prepare and implement maintenance schedules
- Lead OTC maintenance team including scheduled team meetings
- Manage day-to-day maintenance activities, liaising with contractors and the factory operations teams as necessary, ensuring no unplanned factory disruptions
- Generate monthly reports and submit to Engineering Manager
- Keep up to date with regulations and standards, both GSK internal and Nigeria regulatory, that are relevant to the assigned areas equipment
- To comply with site health, safety and environmental policy and with the site standards for work wear and actively support GMP requirements.
- To take part in continuous improvement programmes
- Develop project User Requirements Brief, specify plant and equipment to be used, when ever any equipment / system needs to be replaced / upgraded
- Develop Project Investment Proposals for projects. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Good communication and influencing skills, be able to motivate those working for him/her and must be able to make and implement decisions.
- Working knowledge and experience of computer office programs, particularly Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and be prepared to be trained on other programs. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Working knowledge of the engineering standards and statutory requirements for plant, machinery and workplaces applicable to a large volume consumer products factory.
- Continue his/her professional development according to Personal Development Plan agreed with Manager Engineering, and participate in other training as required.
- 4 - 5 years experience in maintenance of pharmaceutical equipment.
Application Closing Date
- Hands-on experience of tabletting operation will be an added advantage
- Good supervisory knowledge is essential
- Customer focus and understanding the importance of delivering services safely and to cost, schedule and quality commitment
- Knowledge on GMP requirements and EHS practices
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
29th June, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here