is recruiting Geophysics Data Management and Application Support.
Job Title: Geophysics Data Management and Application Support (10029754)
Contract: permanent position (local)
Branch: Exploration & Production
Location: Nigeria Nigeria
Interviews will take place in: Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary : According to profile and experience
GEOPHYSICS INTERPRETATION APPLICATION SUPPORT ACTIVITIES
GEOPHYSICS INTERPRETATION DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION ACTIVITIES
- Develop and provide in-depth software expertise, e.g. write macros and troubleshoot user errors
- Provide support when the software is being used by beginners who need advice, or additional information,
- Documentation and circulation of cookbooks on user problems.
- Help to drive and implement proper Geophysics application project management
- Participate in the conduct of lunch and learn to solve some user problems
- Assist to optimize use of the Interpretation applications by identifying and resolving bugs as reported. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Identify risks, uncertainties through workflow process to help the decision making process
- Delivering timely software update to clients
- Load, move and reformat seismic data using a variety of seismic software programs and in-house databases.
- Carry out regular Geophysics application and data backups for studies in transit or for Archival.
- Help users in Interpretation projects data loading
- Maintain geophysical databases, e.g. archive, store, organize, update and retrieve seismic data.
- Carry out a range of other technical functions to support Geologists and Geophysicists.
- QC of loaded seismic data with the Geophysicists.
- Supervise activities of offsite Seismic data storage services and data flow.
Regular weekly report of activities to Management.
- Degree in Engineering/Science/Geophysics
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Geophysics.
- Experience in Seismic data acquisition and Geosciences Data Management.
- Good knowledge of UNIX and LINUX. Knowledge of SISMAGE and GEOFRAME an added advantage.
- Very good skills in MS Office and a good Database knowledge.
Good interpersonal skills required as this job has many human interfaces and relationships.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2012
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here