is recruiting Geophysics Data Management and Application Support.
Job Title: Geophysics Data Management and Application Support (10029754)
Contract: permanent position (local)
Branch: Exploration & Production
Location: Nigeria Nigeria
Interviews will take place in: Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary : According to profile and experience
GEOPHYSICS INTERPRETATION APPLICATION SUPPORT ACTIVITIES
GEOPHYSICS INTERPRETATION DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION ACTIVITIES
- Develop and provide in-depth software expertise, e.g. write macros and troubleshoot user errors
- Provide support when the software is being used by beginners who need advice, or additional information,
- Documentation and circulation of cookbooks on user problems.
- Help to drive and implement proper Geophysics application project management
- Participate in the conduct of lunch and learn to solve some user problems
- Assist to optimize use of the Interpretation applications by identifying and resolving bugs as reported. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Identify risks, uncertainties through workflow process to help the decision making process
- Delivering timely software update to clients
- Load, move and reformat seismic data using a variety of seismic software programs and in-house databases.
- Carry out regular Geophysics application and data backups for studies in transit or for Archival.
- Help users in Interpretation projects data loading
- Maintain geophysical databases, e.g. archive, store, organize, update and retrieve seismic data.
- Carry out a range of other technical functions to support Geologists and Geophysicists.
- QC of loaded seismic data with the Geophysicists.
- Supervise activities of offsite Seismic data storage services and data flow.
Regular weekly report of activities to Management.
- Degree in Engineering/Science/Geophysics
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Geophysics.
- Experience in Seismic data acquisition and Geosciences Data Management.
- Good knowledge of UNIX and LINUX. Knowledge of SISMAGE and GEOFRAME an added advantage.
- Very good skills in MS Office and a good Database knowledge.
Good interpersonal skills required as this job has many human interfaces and relationships.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2012
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online