is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria's largest port. Comprising over 800 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff, we stand for operational excellence – modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology, proven processes and professional terminal management.
We are currently looking for an individual who shares our commitment to providing customer services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Head of Information Systems - APM Terminals
Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
The position has responsibility for leading local implementation of APM Terminals Global IT solutions, developing and deploying business specific applications, managing IT infrastructure and compliance with IT security.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Apapa.
- Leads roll-out and change management activities at Apapa in connection with implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global solutions
- Develops and deploys specific IS applications, and provides input and support to development and deployment of global applications
- Provides input to development of global applications to be developed by APM Terminals
- Manages local implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global applications
- Captures and prioritises business requirements for IS applications
- Develops recommendations for business specific IS solutions-consistent with policy and standards Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Manages the development, implementation and deployment of business specific IS applications including management of external vendors-consistent with APM Terminals policy and standards
- Provides recommendations for best-practice-sharing regarding IS solutions, incl. recommendations for usage in other APM Terminals/Regions
- Ensures transparency of such opportunities by adhering to APM Terminals global IT governance procedures for project initiation and registration
- Provides input for vendor selection for supply of APM Terminals global applications
- Provides input to & ensures compliance with APM Terminals IS strategy, policy, standards for infrastructure, platforms, and IS applications development
- The position requires expertise in managing a team along with well-developed leadership skills Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- A strong internal and external customer focus is necessary
- Minimum university degree in Information Systems management or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years proven track record in management roles
- Good knowledge of container terminal operations
- Familiarity with NAVIS terminal operating systems is an advantage
- Understanding of the container terminal industry generally and an ability to relate with shipping line and associated industry managers
- Experience in setting departmental budgets, cost control and reporting
- Proven ability to drive strategic initiatives
- Proven ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and support to meet business related objectives in a mid sized organisation.
Application closing Date
- A truly international working environment
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
10th July, 2012
Method of Application
This position is an expatriate or local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 10th July 2012.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV.
We do not make use of recruitment agencies. Only CVs received through our job portal will be attended to.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Lanre Olarinoye on email@example.com
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here