Posted on Fri 29th Jun, 2012 - hotnigerianjobs.com --- (0 comments)
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, through the African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of 2 Data Managers to support United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) to develop and maintain databases, conduct timely analysis and reporting of data; improve data quality monitoring; improve data use and improve feedback of data to key stakeholders and reporting sources. The data manager will ensure data harmonization between levels within the agency.
Job Position: Data Manager (x2)
The responsibilities of the data manager include:
- Ensure the data generated is properly managed and analysed to facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed
- Train state and LGA consultants on data collection and electronic data entry.
- Train national program officers
- Provide support to state and local government consultants to ensure data of sufficiently good quality. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state and local government consultants
- Provide regular updates to polio communication team on key performance indicators
- Provide data for partner reports, donor reports and presentations
Educational / Experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in data management, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Possess at least 2 years experience in data management, and or working in public health surveillance systems
Application Closing Date
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral is required)
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience or knowledge of immunization and public health surveillance systems is an advantage Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com-hnj
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, STATA). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
12th July, 2012
How to Apply
Submit your resume, application letter and relevant documentation to:
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
No. 50, Haile Selassie Street, Asokoro, Abuja
or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: If you are subscribed to our daily job alert and you no longer receive it, please check your Spam / Bulk folder and see if it is ending up there. If found, select and click Not Spam. OR, add our email address to your Contacts list. Your right to genuine information - INFORMATION IS POWER.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here