Save the Children
is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight Countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict. Today, twenty-eight national Save the Children organizations participate in the International Save the Children Alliance - a global network of nonprofit organizations working in over 120 countries around the world. In addition to promoting greater public awareness of the needs and rights of children worldwide, Alliance members coordinate emergency relief efforts, helping to protect children from the effects of disasters, both natural and man-made. We also work with the existing Food and Nutrition Partnership Forum to influence government and donors to bring the issue of malnutrition and poverty into the national agenda.
We are recruiing to fill the underlisted positions:
1.) Local Govt Area Technical Advisor - Zamfara (3,120,000 gross)
To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include - Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- At least a B.A in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science.
- Strong programme management background with 2 years professional experience in managing health and/or nutrition programmes. Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com-hnj
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, including costing, managing and monitoring budgets.
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs; and Good knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
2.) Advocacy and Communications Officer - Katsina, Jigawa, Gombe & Zamfara (3,120,000 gross)
The ideal candidates will contribute to Save the Children's efforts to influence and bring about change in the awareness, attitudes, behaviours and policies related to the rights of children in the country programme in the state of posting.
3.) Nutrition Project Manager - Katsina
- University degree in health, nutrition, communications or related social science field. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Substantial experience in advocacy and policy development/research in the development context.
- Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, politicians, donors, and other key actors.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
- Prior work experience in advocacy in Nigeria is desirable.
To lead on developing, managing and monitoring the implementation of a programme to reduce malnutrition in Katsina State. Development, implementation & monitoring of the project: Lead on proposal development for the Nutrition project; Lead on implementation and development of the nutrition project, in accordance with the project framework, national guidelines and international standards.
4.) Food Security Adviser - Abuja
- Internationally recognised third level qualification in nutrition (MSc in public health nutrition or equivalent).
- A minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in nutrition programme management (including CTC/CMAM programme and strategies to prevent malnutrition) in the context of international development or emergencies, including the management of budgets and personnel, in low- or middle-income countries. Copied from: www.hot nigerianjobs.com
- Expertise or understanding of technical issues around policy and programming to support the integrated treatment of acute malnutrition within health systems.
- Proven capacity to develop a network of contacts with key players from government, donors, international agencies and NGOs, to maintain these relationships overtime and to raise funding from donors.
To ensure high quality programming, policy engagement and advocacy outcomes of Save the Children's Food Security and Social Protection work in Nigeria, including preparedness for slow-onset food crisis.
- Experience in designing successful food security and cash transfer proposals.
- Excellent understanding of food security issues, including cash transfers/social protection, in Nigeria at both field and policy levels. Good knowledge and understanding of Northern Nigeria and Sahel region. www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Experience in working with government counterparts and other partners at various levels federal to district. This includes technical support, capacity-building and coordination.
- Strong analysis of food security data and ability to summa rise and communicate this to a range of audiences.
- Proven advocacy, representation skills and demonstrable experience in M&E.
- Excellent spoken and written English; ability to communicate in Hausa.
- Knowledge and experience in the Household Economy Approach (HEA), including the use of HEA for livelihoods programming and M&E (desirable).
5.) Director of Finance - Abuja
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Nigeria, the ideal candidate will be responsible for finance administration, fiscal management, grant management, and financial and IU grant reporting, in both emergency and development programming contexts.
6.) Director of Programme Development and Quality - Abuja
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization.
- CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended.
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modeling. Excellent analytical skills - the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management. Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com--
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Nigeria, the ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children and monitoring the quality of the implementation of those programs.
7.) Director of Programmes Oprations - Abuja
- Minimum of 8 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, and emergencies.
- Masters degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development.
- Good understanding and knowledge of gender equity and diversity.
- Experience of developing consortia programmes and working with and in consortia.
- Experience of contracting and managing technical assistance to carry out research and studies. Copy copy from: hotnigerianjobs.com--
As a member of the Senior Mnagement Team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for implementation of all programming in the country, including the management of all states and sub offices, emergency preparedness and response (including DRR), and logistics for country office in Nigeria.
8.) Head, Human Resources & Support Services - Abuja
- Minimum of 7 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs. Masters degree in development or other social sciences.
- Robust experience of NGO development and emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors.
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- knowledge and understanding of Nigeria and the Sahel.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the Nigeria, the ideal candidate will be accountable for the provision of effective HR services. In addition, the Head, HR & SS will be accountable to the Country Director for government relationships and the provision of effective IT and admin services.
9.) Head, Safety & Security - Abuja
- Minimum of 8 years management and Human Resources experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences. In-depth knowledge of employee relations and develop and maintain knowledge of current employment legisaltion.
- Resourcesfulness and creativity in developing trhe role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office, Excel.
The ideal candidate will mitigate the risks posed to the programmes, personnel and assets in SC in Nigeria through the provision of specialized, cordinated and focused security management support.
10.) Head, Safety & Security - Abuja
- Minimum of 8 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, with experience in successfully leading the development and implementation of communication and marketing strattegies for an international organisation, preferably in Africa / Nigeria.
- Masters degree in an area of social development, marketing or equivalent.
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the INGO sector with an in-depth knowlwdge in communications, marketing and/or fundraing.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Experience of building personal networks, resulting in securiing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
The ideal candidate will mitigate the risks posed to the programmes, personnel and assets in SC in Nigeria through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused security management support.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelors degree in a related field. Formal security qualification or advanced security management training.
- Advanced level of understanding with the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs. Recommended a minimum of 5 years field based experience in complex and insecure settings, preferably in more than one country with large teams of staff.
- Strong analytical capacity, resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of security within programmes and ensuring the most effective support to line management.
- Competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria and Sahel region.
- Ability to speak Hausa is an advantage.
12th July, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should note:
For positions 1-3 above:
send your C. V. and covering letter on or before 12th July 2012 explaining why you are suitable, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
state the position and location in the subject field, whilst;
For positions 4-10 above:
send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 12th July 2012 explaining why you are suitable, to: email@example.com
state the position and location in the subject field.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.