Mo Ibrahim Foundation
invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for its Leadership Fellowship Program 2012.
Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa
Position Title: MO IBRAHIM FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM (2012)
Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognise achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship position in the Bank. The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the Temporary Relocation Agency of the Bank in Tunis - Tunisia, the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa. The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the following terms.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take leadership guidance from the President, the Chief Operating Officer and/or a designated Representative. Administratively, the Fellow will be assigned to the Bank’s Strategy Department (STRG). With this guidance, the Fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that will increase and enhance their professional and leadership capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
The Fellow Will Be Also Responsible To:
- Advise on and develop strategic initiatives to advance the Bank’s mission and objectives;
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions;.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources;
- Conceive, develop and promote innovations in Bank development policies;
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Application Closing Date
- The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career, and new executives.
- He/She shall be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible; Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Under the age of Forty (40) years or Forty-Five (45) years for women with children;
- Hold a minimum of a Master's Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills.
- Enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others ;
- Have at least 8 years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Experience in strategic planning and execution ;
- He/She should not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- He/She should not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
16th July, 2012
How to Apply
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here