is recruiting to fill the position of Human Resources Associate to be based at Abuja.
Job Title: Human Resources Associate
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: GS-7
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: ( Date When The Selected Candidate Is Expected To Start) 01-Sep-2012
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial Period Of One Year
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the HR Specialist, the HR Associate provides substantive input and leadership in execution of the full range of Country Office (CO) HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Associate guides and mentors the support staff of the HR Unit and leads and supervises them in the absence of the HR Specialist. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Administration of human resources
- Performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1.) Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework, proper functioning of the HR management system. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
2.) Ensures effective administration of human resources focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in UNDP projects.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (Locally recruited PA, FTA, TA, and SCs) and recurring vouchers in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
- Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Preparation or review of submissions to the Local Compliance Review Panel (CRP).
- Administration of delegated International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to COs.
- Administration of the CO rosters including e-rosters.
- Verification of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
3.) Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitation of the performance appraisal process and maintenance of the related data.
- Participation in preparation of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management, HR Specialist and Learning Manager.
4.) Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
5.) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Impact and Results:
- Organization of trainings for staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the overall efficient execution of CO HR services and consequently, result in the success of the Operations Unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of financial information enhances UNDP credibility in HR management. The information provided facilitates decision making of the management.
Knowlwdge / Technical Expertise
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Basic research and analysis Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP HR Rules & Regulations and policies is a strong advantage but not a requirement
Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory;
Interested Candidates should apply online through the website by clicking on the Apply now button. The system will prompt you to upload a CV on the next page.
Please note that instead of a CV you’re required to download the UNDP Personnel History Form (P11) from the following link http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc
Complete it and upload when prompted. Complete it and upload when prompted.
Applications without a fully completed P11 form will not be considered. Only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted.
The system will only allow for one attachment.
The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Complete it and upload when prompted. Only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted. The system will only allow for one attachment. The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Application Closing Date
18 July 2012
How to Apply
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online