The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF)
was founded in 2010 with a mission to drive Africa’s economic development by enhancing the competitiveness of the African private sector. As a premier pan-African-focused not-for-profit institution, TEF is dedicated the promotion and celebration of excellence in business leadership and entrepreneurship across the continent.
The Foundation strives to deploy its resources to generate solutions to challenges that inhibit the African private sector. Through its commitment to catalytic philanthropy, TEF seeks to achieve its mission by building the capacity of fast-growing African business, supporting and driving policies that promote competitiveness, deploying financial capital through impact investments, and educating public and private sector actors through rigorous research.
TEF is guided by global standards, strong governance, and a commitment to accountability. For more information, please visit: www.tonyelumeiufoundation.org
Position: Associate Director
The Associate Director will function as the Chief Operating Officer of the Foundation.
He /she will provide efficient and back up to the CEO. The position is based in Lagos Nigeria with extensive domestic and international travel and will report directly to the CEO.
- The Associate Director will be changed with the following responsibilities:
- Operations and Project Management
- Programmatic focus on Leadership Development
- Strategic oversight of the Policy & Policy & partnerships pillar of the Foundation
- Lead the establishment of a Postgraduate University (TEF Business School)
- Lead the establishment of a Vocational Development institution
- Convene events as required for the foundation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Public Policy, Education or another relevant discipline
- Relevant Master’s Degree is required for the role, a PhD is an additional advantage
- At least 10years of experience at progressivity more senior management levels in the private sector
- Experience in leadership development and education is an advantage
- Some experience working directly in or interacting with the social and public sectors is a plus
- Internationally exposed ability to interact with local influencers and engage with diverse people.
- Results-driven and highly execution-focused
- Excellent analytical business and oral communication skills necessary
- Fluent oral and written English required knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous
Compensation and benefits for the role are highly attractive and competitive within the international development sector.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2012
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com stating “Associate Director in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted