Posted on Fri 13th Jul, 2012 - hotnigerianjobs.com --- (1 comments)
Rivers State Government
- In line with the Rivers State Ministry of Water Resources and Rural Development's mandate to deliver adequate and potable water to her citizens, the State has embarked on comprehensive Water sector Reforms,
which includes the establishment and strengthening of various institutions responsible for water supply and service delivery. The institutions established include the Port Harcourt Water Corporation.
Samuelson has been engaged by the State Government to identify an exceptional, proactive, experienced and versatile individual to fill the position of Managing Director or CEO of the Water Corporation. The successful candidate shall be engaged on a performance-based contract for 5 years, with the option to renew for the same period and shall report to the Board of the Corporation.
Job Title: Managing Director & CEO
Responsibilities / Scope of Work
- A university Degree in one or more of the following or related fields of study: hydrology, water engineering, electrical engineering, geology, biochemistry, environmental sciences [or management], accountancy or business administration, with a minimum of second class division. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- A postgraduate degree and / or professional qualifications will be a distinct advantage
- Preferably with experience in water engineering procedures, operations and practices, as well as in large-scale urban water , engineering projects
- A minimum of 20 years post-degree work: experience. Possessing 10 years [inclusive] working experience with a utility service provider shall be an added advantage
- IT / IS proficiency and project management skins - A must Excellent decision making and people management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Application Closing Date
- To provide innovative, efficient and proactive leadership for the Corporation
- To play a leading role in the State Water Sector Reforms
- Shall implement commercial and customer-oriented approaches in service delivery
- Shall act as the Chief Accounting Officer of the Corporation
- Shall develop and implement systems, procedures and standards for the day to day operations and maintenance.Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Shall be proactive in problem diagnostics and solution-oriented development with regards to the management of water and sewerage systems and installations
- Provides timely technical, operational and financial reports to the Board, supervising Ministry and the State Water Regulatory Commission" as and when required
24th July, 2012
How to Apply
All qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates should send their applications in confidence with detailed CURRICULUM VITAE (including telephone number(s) and an email address) indicating Ref: MD PHWC
, to: email@example.com
P. O. Box 5924, Lagos
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates win be contacted.
Note: If you are subscribed to our daily job alert and you no longer receive it, please check your Spam / Bulk folder and see if it is ending up there. If found, select and click Not Spam. OR, add our email address to your Contacts list. Your right to genuine information - INFORMATION IS POWER.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here