Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peace building, health systems and institutional strengthening programs. A key component of CRS Nigeria’s new country strategy is monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Job Title: Program Manager, Global Fund PMTCT
Reports To: Senior Program Manager, Global Fund PMTCT
Duration: July-December 2012.
The Global Fund PMTCT Manager will assist the Senior Program Manager in the Accelerated Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) grant From Global Fund Principle Recipient the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA).
In September 201 0, NACA named CRS as a sub recipient on its Round 9 HIV set aside for Accelerated PMTCT. The proposal was based on the Integrated Cluster Model, with a comprehensive treatment center as the nucleus of the cluster and related PMTCT services accessible within a radius of 15- 20 kilometers. This will improve linkages strengthen referrals and ensure a continuum of care in the provision of HIV related services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, coordination, management and reporting of project activities at the PHC level and will oversee the work of sub-sub grantees in allocated state(s)
Qualifications / Experiences
Key Working Relationships:
- Academic qualification in Public Health or equivalent is desirable (bachelor's degree required, masters degree in public health or related field strongly preferred).
- At least 4 years experience working in public health including HIV/AIDS and PMTCT with significant program management responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project in an HIV/AIDS service delivery setting, including working with government authorities.
- Proven experience working with and through partner organizations including the public sector.
- Working knowledge of and experience with UN, USG or GF projects.
- Excellent organizational, analytical. oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 40% of time to field sites
Internal: Head of Programs; Head of Unit HSS; Finance and Compliance Specialist and other CRS program staff.
External: CRS/Nigeria’s current & potential partners, donor representatives, other NGOs and relevant government authorities.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2012.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should request for an application form and a job description from firstname.lastname@example.org
fill the forms and send back to the same address along with a detailed CV as attached MS Word documents. Completed applications should reach us before 5pm, 17th of July, 2012. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.
"CRS Is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply".