Chemonics International Inc.
,a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C. (www.chemonics.com) seeks candidates for the following positions on an anticipated basic education project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Positions may be based in Abuja or in northhern states including Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Kebbi, and Katstina.
Job Position: State Level Program Directors
- 5 years leadership experience on donor projects plus relevant education-sector background
- Senior Level Specialist in the following areas
- Curriculum reform at basic education level
- Community outreach to promote basic education
- Organizational development
- Basic education in reading
- Teacher education (pre-service and in-service)
- Education leadership and management
- Education monitoring and evaluation
- Education services for orphans and vulnerable childrenProject outreach and communications
Application Closing Date
- Advanced degree bachelors or higher in education-related major required
- Demonstrated relevant experience in basic education (minimum 5 years)
- Knowledge of the Nigerian education system, preferably in the northern states
- Experience working with federal and state education institutions in Nigeria
- Experience on USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Outstanding leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize and lead technical programming and activities
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required: proficiency in a second language a plus.
16th July, 2012
Method of Application
To apply, please email cover letters and a CV (as attachments) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify position(s) being applied for in the subject line. Applications are due by July 16th, but will be reviewed on a rolling base. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.