Ministry of Petroleum Resources
The African Petroleum Producers Association (APPA) an Intergovernmental Organization serving as a platform of cooperation, collaboration and exchange of experience between African Petroleum Producing Countries with Headquarters in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo is inviting application from suitably qualified candidates to a vacant position:
Position: Chief information technology and Web Resources, Principal Administrator of Appa Databank at Appa Secretariat
The applicant of this post shall manage the activities relating to the development of the APPA Databank and the APPA Secretariat information system in compliance with technical and government standards.
- Holder of an engineering degree, A Level +5, in computer science. Completion from a great renown Engineering School will be an addedadvaniage;
- Be proficient in the administration of Internet system based on Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. The certifications CCNA, CEH, CompTIA, Linux +, RHCT, LPI or others in this domain are additional advantages;
- Be proficient in the administration of system and corporate networks under Windows Active Directory and Exchange email. Microsoft MCSA certifications or other in this domain is an additional advantage;
- Have a good experience in managing IT projects and the conduct of changes in organizations. ISACA certifications CGEIT, PMP or other in this domain are additional advantages;
- Ten (10) years of relevant working experience in the field of managing IT system (application, infrastructure and networks) within a renowned company, a public administration, or a regional or international institution;
- The candidate must show proof'of'a good analytical and communication ability;
- He or she must have good skills in teamwork, collaboration and leadership;
- A perfect knowledge of English and French (spoken and written) is essential;
- He/she should also posses the aptitude of team work as well as aptitude of organization dynamism, avai lability and integrity;
- Mastery oftechnological evolutions in the NICT fields;
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry is essential.
The candidate must not be less than 35 years of age as at the date of submission of this application.
- The Principal Administrator of APPA Databank is responsible for;
- Supervise and lead a team of APPA Databank Local Administrators (including at least one in each Member Country responsible for collecting and recording information in the Databank;
- Manage the technical infrastructure of the Databank;
- Ensure technical coordination of preventive, corrective and evaluative maintenance activities related to the Databank;
- Manage relationships with external service providers of the Databank;
- Identifying the dysfunction as well as their consequences and propose appropriate measures to correct same;
- Ensure availability and sustainability of the Databank in connection with various providers;
- Ensure data quality;
- Implement a development strategy for the information system fully in line with strategy and objectives of APPA;
- Ensure the implementation of an information system in governance with clearly defined roles, responsibilities, monitoring and control;
- Establish an application portfolio covering all the features of the process of APPA Secretariat;
- Manage IT module infrastructure, stable, scalable and secure to the performance of the Information System;
- Ensure the availability of the information system, its security and the sustainability of infrastructures;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables in compliance with costs and delay;
- Carry out all other tasks within the context of its duties which may be entrusted to his/her care by the Executive Secretary or his Assistant.
Remuneration and employment benefits of the post are comparable to salaries of international organizations of similar positions and this is in line with the salary scale and allowances applicable at APPA Secretariat. The contract related to this position is a three. (3) years term mandate, renewable twice if satisfactory.
How to apply
Interested candidates should write an application addressed to the Permanent Secretary/APPA National Representative for Nigeria, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Block D, 6th Floor, Room 8, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, CBD, Abuja accompanied by;
- A written application with dated and signed Curriculum Vitae;
- Letters of recommendation from three (3) referees;
- Certified copies of degrees and work certificates dating less than three (3) months;
- A copy of valid identity card or international passport;
- An extract of police report dating less than three (3) months;
- Copies of technical certifications obtained if any;
- Any certification of training received from an internationally renowned centre.
Expiry Date of the submission of applications
All applications should reach the APPA National Representative of Nigeria on or before 28th August, 20l2.