Principal Process Engineer
Job reference No: NGA0948
Sector: Oil & Gas, Energy, Mining & Utilities - Nigeria - Western Africa
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational Oil Field Service company to recruit a Principal Process Engineer for its operations in Nigeria.
The Principal Process Engineer will technically be responsible for all process engineering work as well as allocating, supervising and directing deliverables. Subject to project size, the Process Engineer will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel. He also Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues that could limit progress and impact project budgets, and interfaces with the client.
He will report to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager.
The position is based in Lagos.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Process Engineer/ Lead Process Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management
- Execute process engineering design for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Leads the process activities in developing the process design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements
- Reviews the Invitation to Bid documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan
- Supervises, reviews and checks the process activities including: Process Design Basis, Philosophies, Studies, Heat & Material Balances, PFDs & UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Relief and Flare Design, Process Datasheets & HAZOP Close Out
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s
- Participate in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary pipeline engineering input and support to close out of actions
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR)
- Planning/scheduling the process engineering activities and manpower resource.
- Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work
- Provide necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management
- Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements
- Participates in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of the other engineering disciplines
- Complying with other company accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor
Qualifications and experience
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Chemical Engineering or any other Engineering course
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar function in the Oil & Gas sector
- Membership of COREN is an added advantage
- Relevant exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Must be tactful in resolving issues.
- Must have ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Planning and forecasting ability.
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online