The Chapel ( Chapel of Christ The Light (Interdenominational)) was established on Thursday, 25 March, 1999 as an interdenominational, non-parochial chapel (Protestant and Ecumenical) by the Lagos State Government for use by the Christian Community in the state in accordance with the modes, practice and tradition for Divine Worship and Christian fellowship.
The Chapel ( Chapel of Christ The Light (Interdenominational)) is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Titile: The Presiding Chaplain and Chaplain
- The appointment of the Presiding Chaplain is for a term of Three (3) years only, non-renewable subject to the approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs and Culture, Lagos State.
- (a) The appointment of the Chaplain is also subject to the approval of the Lagos State Ministry of Home Affairs and Culture and shall hold office for Three (3) years only. (b) Upon the completion/vacation of the term of office of the incumbent Presiding Chaplain, The Chaplain shall be eligible to apply and shall be given the first consideration in the appointment of the new/incoming Presiding Chaplain subject to satisfactory performance as Chaplain.
- The Chaplain must be of a Christian Denomination different from that of the Presiding Chaplain.
The candidates for the posts of Presiding Chaplain and Chaplain are expected to possess following qualifications:
Application Closing Date
- Must be Born-Again.
- Must not be less than Thirty-Five (35) years of age and not older than Fifty (50) years of age.
- Must be a degree holder in any discipline and with a minimum of Diploma in Theology from a recognised Theological Institution.
- Must have been an ordained Minister of the Gospel for not less than seven (7) years with at least three (3) years experience in Lagos State.
- Must be a husband of one wife as commanded in the Holy Scriptures.
- Must not belong to any secret cult, society or Association.
- Must be recommended by the Head of his Denomination in Lagos State.
23 September, 2012
Method of Application
All the applicants are to attach to their applications, copies of their Curriculum Vitae, documentary evidences of all credentials, letters of recommendation by the Head of their various Denominations in Lagos State and other relevant documents.
The applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “POST OF PRESIDING CHAPLAIN OR CHAPLAIN" (where applicable) on the top left corner and addressed to:
The General Secretary
Chapel of Christ the Light (Interdenominational),
IPM Road, Center Business District, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
The applications should reach the office of the General Secretary, Governing Council, Chapel of Christ The Light, Alausa lkeja on or before the application closing date.
Kindly note that only successful candidates would be shortlisted and contacted for interview.
Note: The posts of Presiding Chaplain and Chaplain, would become vacant on Monday 31 December, 2012.