, one of the largest independent oil producers in West Africa, is currently in search of highly talented and well-experienced professionals with appropriate skill sets to help build capacity for current and future expansion within its Asset Management, Human Resource Management and Drilling Engineering teams. Senior Geologist REF: ASM 1001 Accountabilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Carry out geological work required for the timely execution of designated projects in an efficient and cost effective manner. according to agreed technical specifications and standards
- Develop 3D static geological models to support dynamic simulation, field reviews. field development plans and ongoing drilling activities
- Identify and evaluate infill and appraisal well opportunities in designated projects
- Provide geological input into well proposals and field development plans and presentation of same to partners and local approval agencies
- Provide technical/operational advice while drilling and maintain up-to-date well progress data. subsurface maps and geological information
- Prepare and obtain approval for contracts to cover geological technical work associated with third party service providers as required to support in-house technical teams. and ensure adherence/compliance with agreed scopes of work and contract ceiling values
- Efficient supervision, mentoring and coaching of less experienced geological staff.
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Geology.
- Minimum of 12 relevant years experience in production geology (preferably with a major international operator) including exposure to well site drilling operations, reservoir geology, fault modeling, petrophysics, seismic interpretation, formation evaluation, 3D stalic sedimentology, reservoir engineering and geological modeling.Application Deadline
18th May, 2010How To Apply
Applicants are required to complete the electronic form and attached their resume. Please ensure that you specify the vacancy you wish to apply for.Click Here To Apply Online