Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the third largest worldwide.
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas, exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer (Maintenance & Asset Integrity)
- Support maintenance and production operations, offshore and onshore for all maintenance planning matters.
- Will be required to travel to each of the locations as and when required to integrate with the field maintenance teams.
- To provide comprehensive and integrated planning/system services in support of Production activities.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports.
- Co-ordinate Asset Integrity activities, operate and update the AI Plan.
- Coordinate the monthly IOP meeting in the company and produce report for circulation.
- Co-ordinate the CMMS, spares, materials, resources and logistics requirements to support the maintenance requirements both onshore and offshore.
- Implement a planning regime for planned and breakdown activities into a 90-day activity plan, 12 month look-ahead and 5 year long term plan.
- Produce the Shutdown Plan and all associated reporting, including progress reports and S-curves
- Produce detail equipment plans for all production equipment in the locations.
- Develop a functional asset register and a program of recertification in line with DPR requirements for implementation.
- Set KPI’s for equipment and contractor based on availability of equipment and performance of contractor.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of plants and equipment and use results in advising Operations staff and Management on maintenance schedules and the adequacy, or otherwise, of existing maintenance job routines.
- Advise operations staff on maintenance planning premises and compliance with planned maintenance schedules in order to achieve minimum life cycle cost for assets without compromising operational and safety standards.
- To plan, organize and monitor both routine and non-routine maintenance with a view to achieving optimum utilization of assets at minimum asset life cycle costs while ensuring that they meet operations, safety and environmental standards.
- Schedule and monitor production & maintenance activities to ensure conformance with statutory and asset integrity requirements.
- Ensure that adequate contractual services cover is in place to support relevant disciplines within area of responsibility.
- Update project control documentation and liaise with the DCC.
Application Closing Date
- A minimum of Bachelord degree, HND or equivalent, in an engineering discipline is desirable
- Membership of an Engineering Institute is desirable
- 15 years operational experience in the oil industry is essential
- 10 years experience in an operational planning role is desirable
- Experience in cost engineering is desirable
- A strong background in using planning software is essential
- Proficient in Primavera / MSProject / Word / Excel / Powerpoint / Access
- Good knowledge of Nigerian Oil & Gas Legislation is essential
- Good written/spoken English and computer literate
- Experience as a Team Leader is essential
- Team player,good interpersonal, communications and organisational skills are essential.
04th October, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidate should:
Click here to apply online