OPEC's mission is to help stabilise the oil market through coordination of national oil production policies and to help oil producers achieve a reasonable investment return. It further helps ensure stable oil supplies for consumers. The advertised post is located at the OPEC Secretariat in Vienna, Austria, headed by the Secretary General, who carries out the executive functions of the Organization.
OPEC is recuiting to fill the position of:
Position: Statistical Systems Coordinator
Job Code: 3.2.01
The Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other RD Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. The Department also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references. The Department thus has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general, as well as rendering IT development services.
The Statistical Systems Coordinator assists the Head of Data Services Department and coordinates, supervises and carries out statistical activities, manages and guides staff assigned to the Statistics Group in identifying, collecting, storing and retrieving statistical data for the Secretariat and in providing statistical assistance to researchers in the Secretariat. In addition, he/she carries out statistical research in energy, oil and economics related projects and other administrative tasks relating to the Group.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- University degree (advanced degree preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or Economics
- A minimum of ten years (eight years in case of advanced degree)
- Training/specialization in statistical methods and analysis, Econometrics, database queries and data mining, relational databases, design principles (ER-Modeling, Data Flow Diagram), extraction and transformation tools, oil industry operation, firm knowledge in the area of energy with specific expertise in the oil sector
- Application Software/IT knowledge in Excel, Access, Oracle, B20/20, PL/SQL, FTP, TCP/IP
- Managerial/leadership skills, analytical/presentation skills as well as interpersonal and team-building skills, customer service orientation
- Communication skills in written and spoken English
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Data Services Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
31 October, 2012
Method of Application
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country's Governor for OPEC.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor