Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master (academic and Professional) and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the Delta State University, Abraka.
1.) General Admission Requirements
- A candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Delta State University must have obtained at least five (5) credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalents, including English and Mathematics (please note: no waiver). Except for programmes in Faculties of Law and Arts, where only a credit in English may be considered, credit in English and Mathematics is compulsory for all other programmes.
- Applications must be backed up with appropriate academic transcripts.
2.) Postgraduate Diploma
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degrees in any discipline from the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Senate with at least Third Class Honours Degree. Or, Higher National Diploma Certificate with at least Lower Credit or its equivalent.
3.) Academic Masters Degree (M.A., M.Ed., M. Sc.)
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree of the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Senate with at least Second Class Honours Lower Division in relevant discipline.
4.) Professional Programmes: (MBF, MEPE, MPA, MILR, MCM and MBA)
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Third Class Honours degree, in any discipline from Delta State University or other Universities recognized by Senate. For MBA candidates with at least Second Class Honours, Lower Division and those with HND Upper Credit only in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Marketing will be considered for admission.
- Candidates with Third Class Honours degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or Accounting must have at least five (5) years of working experience may also be considered for admission.
5.) Ph.D. Programmes
- Candidates with relevant academic Masters Degrees from the Delta State University, Abraka or other Universities recognized by the Senate of the University.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D in any programme of the Delta State University, Abraka, must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
Specific Departmental requirements, waivers and areas of specialization for each programme can be accessed online at www.delsuonline.com
Faculty Of Agriculture
1.) Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Postgraduate Diploma (POD), Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Agricultural Economics.
- Postgraduate Diploma (POD), Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Agricultural Extension
2.) Department of Animal Science
- Postgraduate Diploma (POD), Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree in Animal Science with specialization in Animal Genetics and Breeding Technology; Animal Production Management and Welfare; Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry; Animal Physiology. Environment and Behaviour
3.) Department of Fisheries
- Postgraduate Diploma (POD), Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D) in Fisheries in the following areas of specialization: Fisheries Biology; Fisheries Engineering Agric) Aquaculture; Limnology; Oceanography; Hatchery Management, Fish Pathology; Fishing Gear Technology; Fish Physiology; Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry; Post-Harvest Technology; Fisheries Economics; Fish Genetics; Environmental Ecology and Management
4.) Department of Agronomy
- Postgraduate Diploma, Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) in: Crop Science; Soil Science; Crop Production and Horticulture
Faculty Of Arts
1.) Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Master of Fine and Applied Arts (MFA) in Drawing and Painting; Graphics; Ceramics; Sculpture; Textile Design.
- Master of Arts (MA.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Degree in Art History and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Degree in Studio Art
2.) Department of History
- Master of Arts (MA,) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Degree in History.
3.) Department of Religious Studies
- Master of Arts (M .A.) Degree in Religious Studies
4.) Department of Theatre Arts
- Master of Arts (M.A.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree
5.) Department of Music
- Postgraduate Diploma in Music (PGDM), Master of Arts (M.A.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Degree in various stresses/specializations in Music.
6.) Department of English and Literary Studies
- M.A. and Ph.D. Degree in Literature in English
Faculty Of Basic Sciences
1.) Department of Physiology
- M.Sc and Ph.D Degree in Physiology
Faculty Of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Full-Time. M.Sc/Ph. D. programmes in the following areas of Education: Educational Administration; Curriculum and Instruction; Guidance and Counseling; Measurement and Evaluation; Physical Education; Health Education; Social Studies; Agricultural Education; Home Economics Education; Educational Planning; Science Education Biology, Integrated Science, Mathematics Education and Chemistry Education) and Library and Information Science
Faculty Of Law
- Master of Law (LL.M); Ph. D (Law) and Master of Law and Diplomacy (MLD) (Professional)
Faculty Of Management Sciences (Asaba Campus)
1.) Department of Accounting/Banking and Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma (PODBF), Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D,) Degree in Banking and Finance Department of Marketing and Management M.Sc. Management and M. Sc. Marketing
Faculty Of Science
1.) Department of Biochemistry
- Master of Science (M. Sc.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree in Biochemistry with specialization in: Food and Nutrition Biochemistry; Fermentation Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Clinical Biochemistry; Biochemistry Pharmacology; Enzymology; Plant Biochemistry
2.) Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma (POD), Master of Science (M. Sc.) Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) Degree in Animal and Environmental Biology with specialization in: Hydrobiology and Fisheries; Entomology, Parasitology, Pest and Disease Management
3.) Department of Chemistry
- Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Degree in Chemistry with specialization in: Analytical/Environmental Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Physical Chemistry; Industrial Chemistry
4.) Department of Physics
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Physics with specialization in: Geophysics; Solid Physics; Radiation and Health Physics
Faculty Of The Social Sciences
1.) Department of Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDBA) and Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
2.) Department of Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Economics (PGDPE), Masters Degree in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE), Master Degree in Banking and Finance (MBF), M. Sc and Ph.D Degree in Economics
3.) Department of Geography and Regional Planning
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. Degree in Geography and Regional Planning With specialization in: Political Geography; Environmental Resource Management, Regional Development and Planning; Tourism and Recreational Planning, Geographic Information System/Cartography; Urban Geography; Rural/Agricultural Geography; Industrial Geography; Climatology
4.) Department of Mass Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDCM) and Master Degree in Communication Management MCM)
5.) Department of Political Science
- Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA), Master of Science (M. Sc.) Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Political Science.
6.) Department of Sociology
- Master of Science (M. Sc.) Degree and Ph.D. in Sociology with specialization in: Criminology; Rural Sociology; Sociology of Development; Sociology of Health Behaviour, Sociology of inter Group Relations. Master Degree in industrial and Labour Relations (MILR) and Masters Degree in Crime Management (MCM)
Application Closing Date:
10th December, 2012
Method Of Application:
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com
and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2012/2013 PG Admission form online by generating an applicant virtual pin of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira)
only. Payment should be made at: Ecobank; UBA; Zenith Bank or Unity Bank
- All candidates must submit photocopies of NYSC Certificate or Exemption Certificate to the Postgraduate School.
- Candidates must also submit all relevant academic transcript along with their print out to the Postgraduate School.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website before completing the application form. Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School office, Abraka.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme can be accessed at the University website from January 21st, 2013