To support the Manager, Brands Group in executing annual activity plans for the brand which delivers annual brand performance goals (awareness, equity, volume, market share, etc.) amongst its target audiences, on budget and on time.
1. Brand plans: Ensure the proper and effective field execution of approved marketing activities for the brand, particularly below-the-line and sampling programmes. Evaluate performance against activity objectives as directed by the Manager, Brands Group. Work closely with the Trade/Customer Marketing unit within the Sales function on the development, implementation and evaluation of trade promotions for The brand.
2. Marketing insight: Provide regular reports on brand performance and health through: Collating consumer research; carrying out regular trade visits to gather market information; and tracking competitor activities in the category. Assist the Manager, Brands Group, in developing response strategies to protect the position of the brand.
3. Budget: Monitor expenditure against agreed activities and provide regular reports to the Manager, Brands Group.
4. Results: Timely execution of below-the-line activities for the brand; production of activity evaluations to capture learnings.
Financial scope: Responsible for managing expenditure allocated to BTL activities for the brand.
Reporting To: Manager Brands Group
- Minimum second-class (Upper Division) Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, either in Nigeria or abroad.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in the Marketing or Sales functions of a reputable company, or in an advertising or promotions agency with multinational clients will be an added advantage.
- Understands the role of different elements of the marketing mix
- Development and execution of trade/ customer promotions and POS material
- Numerate and able to manage expenditure against pre-agreed budgets
- Able to manage workload to meet specified deadlines
- Collation of relevant data and information from a range of sources for brand reports and activity evaluations
- Working in teams
- Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel; PowerPoint would be an advantage) or Open Office
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Articulate – verbal and written
- Able to interact with a range of different people and functions
7th February, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates shoud:
and click on Careers