The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-lfe, is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as the University of Ife by the government of the then Western Region of Ngeria.
Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library
Obafemi Awolowo University Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library established in 1962, is the major repository of all academic resources (books, journals, thesis, government documents etc) which serve the needs of both staff and students of the University as well as other interested users in the Community The Library holds over 700,000 volumes of books and print materials, it also has two units providing electronic services. Therefore, the Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library is a very big Library and epicentre of academic information of Obafemi Awolowo University, lle-Ife.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and providing services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and the co-ordination of Library services in the University.
- He/She will be required to administer the Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library System and to develop it to meet the University’s increasing needs especially its post-graduate and research programmes.
Qualifications and Experience
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary, have the ability to provide good leadership and command respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Candidates must also possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
Conditions of Service
- Candidates for the position of University Librarian, Obafemi Awolowo University, should possess at least minimum higher degree of Masters in Library and Information Science with fifteen (15) years of cognate experience.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage. Candidates are also required to have scholarly publications in reputable journals and must he members of the following:
- Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria Library Association
- Furthermore, candidates are expected to be very computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of a complex and modern University Library.
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only and may he extended for a further period of one year only, after which the Librarian shall relinquish his post and be assigned to other duties in the University.
- The appointment is further governed by the Federal Government Establishment circulars that may be adopted by the Council from, time to time. Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and a driver and other benefits as approved by the Council.
The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable to the University Librarian in a Federal University in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 30 copies of application and detailed curriculum vitae, duly signed, in the format below:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details:
- Physical address
- Email address
- Mobile Phone Number(s)
- State of Origin
- Senatorial District
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Horne Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Higher Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications and Distinctions Obtained with Dates
- Other Distinctions and Awards with Dates:
- Research Grants
- National Awards
- International awards
Work Experience with Dates
- Previous Work Experience Outside the University System with Dates:
- Previous Work Experience in Other Universities
- Work Experience in Obafemi Awolowo University (if applicable)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Books and Monographs
- Contribution to Books
- Published Journals Articles
- Edited and Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Articles Accepted for Publication
- Manuscript Submitted for Publication
- Creative Work
- Technical Reports
- Papers and Work in Progress.
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended with dates
Current Research Activities
All applications should be forwarded to the the address below:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
- Applicants should inform their nominated referees to send their confidential reports to reach the address above
- Only shortlisted candidates shall he contacted further