MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Customer Value Management
Employment type: Permanent
- Develop and implement Commercial Customer Value Management Strategy to increase base revenue and reduce customer churn on the network. He/She will be responsible for end-to-end customer life cycle management and value extraction through tactical engagement activities across all touch points leveraging on various campaign management systems. He/She will also be responsible for developing and implementing advanced analytical models to aid base management activities.
- Lead and coordinate activities of the Customer Value Management team to achieve commercial revenue optimization objectives.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Lead the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Review market and internal conditions and contribute to the development of marketing strategies for consumer segments.
- Develop detailed plans and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, stir up preservation, etc in support of defined marketing strategies.
- Implement strategy for market growth in conjunction with Product Development Managers, Regional Marketing and other stakeholders.
- Define market needs based on relevant value proposition packages for each segment.
- Commission and understand its research as it concerns market segment, collate and understand competitive activity and develop proactive strategies against competition.
- Develop strategy for promotional campaigns to acquire new customers and encourage its usage amongst existing customers.
- Develop and execute promotions, advertising, direct marketing, sponsorships, events, public relations and other tools to gain further access into the market.
- Customize and differentiate MTNN products and its services in the market.
- Design customer life cycle extension plan so as to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Establish strategy for marketing communication and increase its access by using conventional and non-conventional media.
- Monitor the strategy for the execution of mass market and emerging market against stipulations.
- Perform programmes in conjunction with the Regions and Sales & Distribution Division
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Identify sales training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the virtual sales team to ensure enterprise sales targets are fully met.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional, national and international travel.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline such as Maths, Engineering, Statistics
- Industry certification(s) and/or post-graduate/professional qualification(s) in a related field (an added advantage)
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Minimum of 10 years working experience comprising:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- 4-6 years customer life cycle management experience
- 4 years’ experience in Telecoms marketing, strategy development and implementation
- Expert knowledge of competitive environment, consumer trends and trade practices in the industry
- Operational Research or demonstrable experience of delivering wide range of statistically based analytics.
- Advanced applied statistical experience
- A strategic and creative thinker capable of developing analytical programmes/solutions to address key business challenges or opportunities
- Previous experience identifying and driving deployment of analytical collateral across a range of delivery channels and of measuring their effectiveness
- Strong communicator who can operate at all levels taking complex analysis, interpret and communicate it appropriately to different audiences
- Highly proficient in SQL and use of data mining software such as SAS Enterprise Miner.
- Segment Strategy and marketing training
- Marketing Management and decision making courses
- Presentation skills
- BA, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND