University of Uyo
, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
Qualification and Experience
The right Candidate for the job must possess:
Conditions of Service
- At least a good Bachelors degree not below Second Class Honours Lower Division in any field of Engineering from a recognized Institution;
- Evidence of registration with COREN;
- Ability to perform within the University System;
- At least 20 years post-qualification cognate experience, most of which preferably should be in engineering services relevant to a University Works Department;
- Ability to give direction to the complementary functions of the entire arms of the Works Department;
- A good and practical knowledge of Computer applications.
- The conditions attached to the position are as generally applicable in the Nigerian University System, the Public Service of Nigeria and as may, from time to time, be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
CONTISS 15 (N4,058,262.00 - N5,316,520.00) P.A
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit 15 typewritten copies of their application letters, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone No.
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates where applicable)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates where applicable)
- Work Experience, General and Specific Experiences (With dates)
- Present Employment, status, Salary (Detailing work schedule)
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Address of Three Referees.
The Referees should forward their Reference Reports on the candidate under confidential cover directly to:
University of Uyo
Akwa Ibom State.
Applicants are advised to write boldly at the left hand cover of the envelopes containing their applications, the position to which they are responding to. All applications should be addressed to the;
University of Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State,
- Late applications will NOT be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to the interview should bring along with them originals of their credentials.