Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager
AutoReq ID: 55693BR
Reports To: Director of Corporate Relations
- Guinness Nigeria Plc is one of the largest beverage companies in Nigeria. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the National Economy.
- Guinness Nigeria Plc’s vision is to become the most celebrated company in Nigeria. The Corporate Relations function is committed to support the achievement of the vision by transforming Guinness Nigeria Plc to become trusted and respected by our key stakeholders every day, everywhere. We recognize that everything we do, everything we say and everything our key stakeholders say about us define our reputation.
- This role sets standards for leadership in our brand and corporate reputation as well ensuring our leaders are able to effectively engage our employees across the business.
Purpose of the Role
- The purpose of the role is to help Guinness Nigeria achieve its vision of becoming the most celebrated company in Nigeria and to beat the competition through defining and driving standards of leadership engagement, brand and corporate PR.
- Specific responsibility for creating and managing an integrated communication strategy and driving implementation of the strategy
- The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for engaging one of the Company’s key stakeholder groups – employees - behind the business strategy. In so doing, the Corporate Communications Manager sets the tone for the Company’s ongoing information sharing capacity with its employees. The role is also responsible for external communication to key stakeholders to the business
- Focused on the delivery of local, regional and global programmes in Nigeria. Advising and supporting the corporate relations team in the development and delivery of best practice brand and corporate PR programmes and employee communications
- Drive the creation of best practice leadership communications and drive standards of leadership engagement within the company
- Lead on raising leadership communications capability across the company especially in the area of external engagement
- Support the building and development of GN’s reputation both internally and externally
Qualifications and Experience
- Contribute to the formulation of strategy for the organization ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the organization’s overall strategic direction. This will include:
- Directing the development of company positioning messages to be adopted into all Communications/PR materials
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of regular and special reports desired by the business
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, Marketing or Journalism is preferable.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment.
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level.
- Line manager experience and a track record of leading, developing & coaching a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online