The Imo State Government is implementing a World Bank Assisted Financing of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The project has the objective to increase access of poor to improved social and natural resources infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria. This will be achieved through the provision of grant support to benefiting communities for implementation of community driven micro Projects under approved Community Development Plans (COPs).
In order to commence state level implementation of Additional Financing, the position below is available for employment:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Ensuring the maintenance of records of all types of data and information on SA activities.
- Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation department of SA and coordinating the activities of the MIS and M&E units
- Providing guidelines and guidance for the operations of the MIS and M&E units for them to meet the expectations of the SA
- Liasing with the LGRC and other departments of the SA for M&E purpose and working with the communities to ensure effective participatory monitoring and evaluation of CDPs and micro projects
- Consolidating annual budget and work plan for the department
- Designing field data collections and collation formats for the SA
- Develop terms of reference and provide guidance for all M&E studies
- Liasing with the operations and finance and administration departments to collect and collate data for tracking of key activities of the SA (budget performance, financial matters like costing/pricing of CSDP activities in the state, operations etc)
- Providing cumulative records analysis and statistics of activities over time to guide operations and provide information base for planning and future evaluation.
- A university degree in Agriculture, Statistics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Extension Services or Project Management, with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of Computer analysis software is mandatory.
- Previous experience in project monitoring and evaluation shall he an added advantage.
This post attracts remuneration commensurate with the model of entry and in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable in the Imo State Public Service.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (signed and sealed) with valid email address and phone numbers which should be addressed and delivered to:
Dr. Paschal C. Obi,
The Principal Secretary to the Governor,
Government House, Owerri,
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted