The New Nigeria Commodity Marketing Company (NNCMC) Limited was established to close the existing gap between farm products and markets. It is designed to promote market orientation and enhance farmers profit, generating wealth and accelerating production. The company facilitates external trade in the non-oil sector and help in the resuscitation of ailing local industries through the provision of needed raw materials. It is expected that within a very short time the impact of the company would be felt by the farmer, the consuming public and the nation's economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Employment Type: Full Time
Grade Level: Executive Management
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- The Managing Director (MD) is the Chief executive and Administrative Officer of the company and is responsible to the Board of Directors for the day-today management the company
- He or she is expected to give positive leadership and direction towards the realization of the objectives of the company
The specific duties of the Managing Director include the following:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Leadership and oversight of the New Nigeria Commodity Marketing Company Limited;
- Preparation and Submission of Strategic Plans and Budgets of the company to the Board of Directors
- Successful implementation of the company's approved plans and budgets;
- Monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the company through monthly reviews and reporting;
- Building and maintaining an efficient management team;
- Ensuring prudent management of resources, financial transparent presentation to the Board of all incomes and expenditure of the company monthly
- Safeguarding and ensuring the integrity of all assets of the company;
- Working closely with the project handling field operations,
- Ensuring efficient supply chain management and effective coordination of staff, consultants and strategic partners including local contractors, brokers and buying agents,
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Board
Salary Package and Benefits
- A minimum of first Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Business Administration or related fields. Possession of a higher Degree and professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in relation to building businesses around agricultural commodity marketing and trade, Supply chain management, financial services for the agricultural sector, storage and warehousing receipt systems, etc. 5 of this 15 years relevant experience must be at management level managing teams with responsibilities for key performance indicators
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lead, develop and retain high performing individuals
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Experience in Public-Private Partnerships will be an added advantage
- Competence in computer applications.
- Working experience/knowledge of Africa preferably Nigeria and it's Northern States
- Experience in Project implementation and management
Application Closing Date
- The salary and allowances attached to this position are competitive and similar to those obtainable in the industry
8th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should include CV and Cover Letter containing suitability statement explaining why you think you are especially qualified for the job, by email to: [email protected]
Hard copies by post to:
P.O. Box 6500,
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not send follow-up emails.