Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Assistant
Reference Number: ACAS1710
- The Accountability Assistant will work with the hotline assistant, the MEAL-Accountability Officer, project teams and community mobilizers to ensure strong Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanisms (BFRM) are put in place in the various programs of North East Nigeria.
- S/he will be responsible for managing and monitoring beneficiary feedback on a daily basis and will prepare analysis reports presenting general trends to be shared with project teams.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL-Accountability Officer, the Accountability Assistant will categorize the feedback received, record beneficiary them in the database, transmit the feedbacks to the adequate team, follow up advancement with the teams, update the database, and provide oversight to ensure entry of accurate and complete feedback data on a daily basis.
- Additional responsibility includes participation to project team meeting to share learnings from beneficiary feedbacks and the management /archiving of physical beneficiary feedback data collected through paper forms.
- The Accountability Assistant will collaborate with the MEAL-Accountability Officer, CRS North Nigeria project staff and community mobilizers to ensure establishment of sound communications strategies with target communities regarding how to share feedback on CRS project implementation.
- The Accountability Assistant will also ensure that timely and adequate response (answer or action) is given to every feedback received by following up with the project teams and ensuring the database is always up to date.
Qualifications and Skills
- Assign a category to the feedbacks received from the hotline and through community-based mechanism (staff, community meetings, suggestion boxes, etc…)
- Assign a ticket number to each feedback and enter feedbacks in the database
- Regularly transmit feedbacks to the adequate teams
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports presenting the learnings from the feedback received, per project
- Participate in teams’ meeting to share the trends and learning from the feedbacks
- Follow up regularly with the teams on the advancement of feedback responses
- Regularly update the database by adding the response implemented and close feedbacks when an adequate response has been given
- Ensure all feedback collected from beneficiaries are kept confidential and timely/accurate response is given back to them
- Support CRS and partner to document and respond to all community feedback received
- Support the MEAL-Accountability Officer to facilitate orientation, training and awareness sessions on beneficiary feedback mechanism to CRS and partner staffs as required.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor degree in Social Science or any relevant field such as Law, Administration or Management.
- At least 1-year full time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO.
- Demonstrated experience in database management.
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills, including developing and leading community meetings, Focused Group Discussions etc.
- Good knowledge of computer software such as MS Office and Excel:
- Demonstrate commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware).
28th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: ACAS1710.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- This position is contingent upon funding.