Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Reference Number: MEALMNG1711.
- Under the direction of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Manager will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The MEAL Manager will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the MEAL Coordinator, but will also work closely with the Emergency Coordinator for technical support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Design and manage Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system with the support from MEAL Coordinator.
- Facilitate MEAL Coordinator and Program Managers in conducting SMILER workshop at the project start-up.
- Develop or adapt project specific MEAL tools and carry out field testing where necessary.
- Track donor and CRS reporting requirements and deadlines and provide MEAL information to Program Managers and Emergency Coordinators for drafting reports.
- Determine role of all actors involved in providing technical support to project monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide direct supervision over MEAL unit staff, particularly the M&E Officers, Accountability Assistant, MEAL Assistant etc. and ensure that coaching and performance plans are completed on time and with adherence to CRS talent management quality standards.
- Assist MEAL Coordinator to ensure consistency of standards, harmonization of information and input from beneficiaries and sharing of learnings.
- Verify data for completeness, correctness and consistency and follow up on any data/program quality issues.
- Support Program Managers and MEAL Officers in conducting regular MEAL field visits to collect data with the help of partners, assess the application of MEAL tools, and assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly report to donors and CRS office.
- Identify bottlenecks in the program MEAL systems, recommend appropriate solutions and ensure follow-through.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project or digital data collection.
- Supervise the Accountability Officer in Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism (BFRM) and be responsible in tracking beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines- are conducted and prepare report.
- Identify, document, store and share lessons learned (this includes success story too) that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Ensure that the cross-cutting themes such as gender and protection are integrated in the partners’ MEAL plans and systems.
- Conduct and document end of project learning reviews and share learning with stakeholders.
- Ensure ethical and safe collection and storage of data.
Application Closing Date
- University degree, preferably in statistics, information management, management, social sciences or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in humanitarian or development context.
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access) and software applications.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework.
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to CRS’s values and guiding principles.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel frequently and stay in difficult environments
28th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: MEALMNG1711.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- This position is contingent upon funding.