Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
Founded in 2012 with the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa specialises in catalysing investment interest in the continent, with a current focus on agribusiness. The private sector has long been acknowledged as the engine of economic growth. Yet, the sector is largely under-developed or informal in many African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Blended Finance Expert - Senior Program Officer/Conference Producer
Overall Job Purpose
- We are looking for someone with a sound understanding and practical insights to Blended finance, to support the content and the program of our 5th Edition of our Agrique Africa Investment Summit, scheduled to take place March 2018 in Brussels. (AAIS2018)
- The 5th Edition of the Agrique Africa Investment Summit, follows on from previous events held in London, Ghana, Nigeria and Germany. The purpose of these summits have been to create an environment where investors, donors, financiers and key Agribusiness stakeholders can gain a better understanding of the intricacies of investing in Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
- This edition will focus on Blended finance. Agriculture in Africa, is inherently seen as a risky sector, but to reduce the risk for investors Blended finance poses as a possible solution.
The duties of this position are set out below:
- The core responsibility of creating and managing the program in line with the vision, goals and objective of AAIS2018.
- Creation and preparation of conference content and agenda for AAIS2018
- To identify and invite speakers maintaining communication throughout the conference production cycle AAIS2018.
- To highlight possible sponsors and support the marketing of sponsorship opportunities for events and supervising the work of sales and marketing staff
- To plan for a post-conference internal and external reports
- To write the conference programme and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conducting of the event.
- Onsite Attendance - Attending events to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector.
- Document and disseminate program outlines prior to the summit.
- Monitor program's operations with respect to timeline.
- Submit a weekly report to the senior project officer
- Develop and manage program objectives and strategies for a successful summit.
- Identification of and making contact with key speakers for the conference.
- Invitation of speakers - securing their profiles and pictures
- Keep up-to date with relevant market information that our target audience will find valuable, and supporting in the marketing and communication effort.
- Assist with pre-logistics and post-logistics planning of the mission.
- Assist with undertaking other duties as directed by senior project officer and project director.
- Also, you will be required to perform these duties, and any other duties the employer may assign to you, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
Application Closing Date
- Must have a good understanding of Africa’s Agribusiness Sector
- Must have some corporate experience
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country and outside of the country
- Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letter (of not more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience) to: [email protected]
: The job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business.The job description will be reviewed periodically.