Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager - Food For Peace (FFP)
Qualifications and Experience
- Administer the development and successful implementation of work plans and oversee the creation of reports and other deliverables to FFP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and support implementation through a local partner, including the supervision of proper targeting, identification, registration, and monitoring of beneficiary lists to prevent overlap with other humanitarian programs in the intervention zone.
- Quality technical leadership and advice to the local partner around the design, implementation and monitoring of project work at state and community levels.
- Coordinate closely with other humanitarian actors and UN agencies carrying food vouchers, and food distributions for geographic mapping and to ensure program activities are in line with national and humanitarian food security priorities.
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of project activity, including financial and grant management, project monitoring and evaluation, and sub grant management, and that they support the effective use of project resources in compliance with FFP regulations.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) team to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and to capture learning opportunities around the effectiveness of voucher-based programming, and in particular, the use of e-vouchers.
- Supervise emergency field based project staff: conduct performance evaluations, identify staff skills development needs and assist the DTL and FFP-Director to meet these needs, provide management support to staff as needed, and maintain office policy of respect and communication between supervisors and subordinates.
- See that all staff are aware of and understand SC policies and procedures; take appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
- Promote accountability, communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback through regular performance reviews.
- Responsible for the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as needed.
- Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, such as those regarding vehicle use and procurement; ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to programs and programmatic staff, and that data collection processes are standardized and applied by all field staff.
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Education: MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in Agriculture, Rural Development, Development Studies and other relevant qualifications
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online