Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focusing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- The position holder will assist the Finance Manager and Officer in their daily and routine financial operations
Qualifications and Skills
- Assist the finance officer in capturing all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner for the purpose of generating management and donor reports.
- Recording of tractions in the appropriate registers
- Ensuring appropriate filling and documentation of staff retirements and activity proposals submitted to the finance department
- Ensuring that all transactions paid and posted to the QuickBooks accounting systems are stamped appropriately
- Assist the Finance Officer in tracking the employee advances on monthly basis and following up on the recovery process or management action
- Participate in monthly closeout procedures such as bank accounts reconciliations
- Assist the finance department in undertaking reconciliation of all balanced sheet items periodically and ensure that all the accounts are kept current and all reconciling items identified are reconciled.
- Assisting the Finance Department in the preparation of annual financial statements and timely completion of annual audits.
- Supporting all CHEERS program and non-program audits.
- Supporting with attendance sheets and other finance related logistics in staff orientation on CHEERS financial guidelines and requirements in order to implement activities and execute budgets accordingly.
Application Closing Date
- Candidates should be holders of a University degree in Accounting or Financial Management. With at least 1-2 years of work experience in a donor funded project in Nigeria.
- Experience in QuickBooks software implementation.
- Working knowledge of TB/HIV financial management especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project management and administration will be an added advantage.
- Analytical capacity and experience in finance planning and reporting.
- Computer skills (MS Office), knowledge of basic accounting and grant management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility and work under pressure.
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org