Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, ART
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- To provide the TB/HIV program of CHEERS with technical services relating to projects/grants and program administration and implementation as well as a variety of support in the area of information collection.
Qualifications and Skills
- Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned TB/HIV program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organizations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into CHEERS interests. Develops and maintains adequate resource files for assigned program areas.
- Keep current with developments in the TB/HIV programming throughout Nigeria and attend relevant meetings and keep abreast with issues, concerns and needs that should inform the effective implementation of the CHEERS program strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage initiatives of the Organization on TB/HIV and work to provide operational and financial monitoring.
- Review incoming requests for partnership and prepare recommendations for presentation to Management.
- Collaborate with the State Team Lead and other Officers to prepare the Organization’s work plan.
- Represent the State Team Lead at relevant meetings and other activities as assigned by the STL.
- Monitor and implement timely and appropriate facility strengthening activities.
- Provide technical support to CHEERS Treatment, Care and Support activities in the state
What We Offer
- Candidates should be holders of a University degree and further qualification in the Social or Health Sciences or a related field with at least 3 years of work experience in TB/HIV in Nigeria.
- Experience in TB/HIV services and coordination in any of the states listed above.
- Solid working knowledge of TB/HIV Programming especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project management and administration.
- Strong analytical capacity and experience in project planning and monitoring.
- Computer skills (MS Office), knowledge of basic accounting and grant management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com