Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: M&E Assistant
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- S/he has the responsibility of supporting CHEERS M&E Manager in ensuring that all M&E related activities in the facilities/states are carried out on time and as at when due.
Qualifications and Skills
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer in Providing routine supportive supervision to facilities.
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer in the development of capacity strengthening plan for the Ministry of Health HMIS staff and facility Data Entry Clarks.
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer in collating comprehensive performance data, ensuring data integrity, verifying data, preparing and submitting in a timely manner all required performance reports from facilities to the management and the Principal recipient.
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer in monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure quality and timely periodic production of M&E information products in line with requirements from the donor.
- Actively participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings relating to M&E at the head office and state levels when required.
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer in enhancing M&E capacity among state and facility staff, to ensure data accountability, facilitate planning and strengthen service delivery.
- Assist the M&E Technical Officer to Collect, verify, collate and analyse data on performance indicators from states.
- Assist the M&E Officer to develop and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports on M&E to the Management.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Supervisor and program Manager.
What We Offer
- Candidates should be holders of a University Degree with at least 3 years of work experience in TB/HIV in Nigeria.
- Experience in monitoring of TB/HIV services
- Knowledge of TB/HIV M&E framework especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project monitoring and evaluation.
- Computer skills (MS Office), specifically Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of DHIS 2.0, and other M&E related software
- Ability to work in and around team building environment and work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com