Promasidor - We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Technologist (Supervisor)
Requirements, Education & Experience
- Supports Packaging Manager in the implementation of NPD projects.
- Supports Packaging Manager in the implementation of Margin Improvement projects.
- Writing and reviewing of Packaging specifications and SOPs.
- Conducts assessment and audit of current and new Packaging Suppliers.
- Conduct assigned Packaging line trials and write reports.
- Works with the factory in resolving Packaging quality issues.
- Supports with Quality Assurance of Packaging Materials.
- Acts as departmental representative on food safety.
- Minimum B.Sc (Minimum of Second Class Lower) or HND (minimum Upper Credit) in Food Science and Technology or related Sciences and Engineering Fields. A Diploma in Packaging Technology is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a FMCG company within a Packaging Development or R&D environment is preferred.
- A sound understanding of packaging materials, packaging conversion and packaging machinery is very critical to succeed in this role.
- Candidate is expected to have a good knowledge of food properties, and how they affect the choice of packaging.
- Candidate is also expected to have successfully delivered various packaging development projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
Application Closing Date
- Good computer skill.
- Good analytical skill.
- Trouble shooting skill.
- Project management skill.
- High level attention to details.
- Team player
- Good communication skill.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online