Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FH1360) to sustain FHI’s achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a three-year pilot project on Hausa language early primary grade reading and numeracy, implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) and Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) as part of UNICEF’s Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) with funding support from U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). RANA is implemented in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara state and aims to improve literacy arid numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 by assisting approximately 200 formal schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in the states. Due to the extension on this Project, we are seeking qualified candidate for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer - Education
Contract Type: Full term
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Technical Officer-Education Under the supervision of the RANA Literacy Coordinator, the Technical Officers will coordinate the Hausa Language reading materials content development for continuous professional development of early primary grade teachers with integrated numeracy and gender contents.
- They will be responsible for the state educational program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the reading interventions implemented by AHNi and its partners in the assigned States.
- The Technical Officers are responsible for technical leadership of early grade reading program and/or IQS activities in the assigned states, providing expertise in instruction, assessment, research, coaching, training and materials development.
- Working closely with the RANA Project Director, Literacy Coordinator and other technical staff, the Technical Officers will ensure effective planning, delivery and documentation of program interventions.
Application Closing Date
- Advanced degree in Education with a concentration in early grade reading, literacy, language acquisition and non-formal education or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in language acquisition and/or child literacy or reading especially in Hausa Language certification as reading/literacy specialist preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings.
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (LI), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in developing and producing of supplementary reading materials, workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional materials to improve early grades reading.
- Has ability to coordinate reading interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, experience in working with teachers to improve practice
21st March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (CV) and cover letter as a single MS Word document to: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.