The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as:
Job Title: Field Office Administrator
- The role of the Field Office Administrator will be to oversee and regulate the financial, human resource administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Nigeria in Maiduguri.
- S/he will report directly to the INSO Safety Advisor- Maiduguri.
- S/he will supervise two drivers and cleaners. The post is based in Maiduguri and is offered on a one-year contract basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- To maintain and control the cashbooks and ledger
- Ensure that 100% of expenses are accurately entered on soft cashbooks on a daily basis
- Ensure that 100% of entries to the cashbooks are supported by valid purchase request invoices and receipts
- To assist the Safety Advisor in the HR national staff administration
- Assist the Safety Advisor to file in a consistent and accessible manner all auditable documents (CV, leave records, disciplinary notices, hire notes…)
- To assist the Safety Advisor in the HR international staff administration
- Assist the Safety Advisor in all administrative process for visas, residency papers, work permits and others documents requested by the government for field international staff
- Assist the Safety Advisor with travel and accommodation arrangement from around the north East and North West region.
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the INSO office
- Maintain service contracts in coherent and accessible manner
- Assist the Safety Advisor in all others administrative, financial and procurement/logistical requirements.
- Admin/HR/Finance educational background and working experience
- Staff management experience
- Mandatory INGO experience 2 years
- Knowledge of administrative, HR and logistical processes
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Fluent in Hausa (spoken).
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.
- Previous exposure to North East Nigeria
- Knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Organised and structured personality.
Key Personal Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytic skills
- Creativity and proactive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline.
27th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below to: [email protected]
and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Field Office Administrator’ in the subject line of the email.
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter, specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.