Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FSL Assistant - Economic Empowerment
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The position is based in Bade, Yobe State and report directly to the FSL Officer - Economic Empowerment.
- The FSL Assistant - Economic Empowerment will support in providing technical support and guidance in the implementation of economic empowerment component of the program as well as ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all areas of economic empowerment of the social protection interventions of the program.
- Support the Economic Empowerment Officer in developing detailed planning and implementation strategies for economic strengthening of the income generation activities
- In close coordination with the field team, reinforce and coordinate market linkages with value chain actors, household income flow and household economic behavioural change activities monitoring.
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition, WASH)
- Provide support in coordination with Action Against Hunger and partner technical and support departments to ensure a common approach and sharing of information on economic strengthening of the beneficiaries households.
- Support the Economic Empowerment Officer in Coordinating with relevant government and non-governmental partners or agents on household economic development.
- In close coordination with Economic Empowerment Officer, social protection field staff and M&E team, supervise, review and lead technical assessments, surveys, design and M&E of the economic empowerment of the income generation activities of the social protection program component.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of National Diploma in Economic empowerment related studies e.g. Agriculture, development studies, Accounting and Business management.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in humanitarian contexts and conflict/insecure contexts.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills including report writing.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger's mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience managing economic empowerment interventions(i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods).
- Capacity to analyze and resolve problems including taking appropriate action.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to define realistic goals and objectives.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online