Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: LGA Assistant
Fika, Machina, Yunusari, Yobe
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The position is based in Yobe State and will report to the Sector Manager-Nutrition.
- The LGA Assistant will support the assigned local government area (Machina, Yunusari, Fika) in IYCF program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- The LGA Assistants will support and coordinate micro nutrient supplement and maternal, newborn and child health weeks and also strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level.
- Provide support in planning, implementation and monitoring of key IYCF interventions by working closely with the nutrition focal persons (NFP) and MCH expert at LGA level.
- Working with NFP, support operational researches to identify barriers and facilitators of optimal breastfeeding and complimentary feeding practices.
- Working closely and share experience from the Community nutrition officers in another LGAs to ensure community engagement through systematic community mobilization.
- Ensure community CMAM volunteers are working together with IYCF support group.
- Support the development of key messages and behavioural change communication materials to promote optimal infant and young child feeding practices.
- To provide training for health workers and volunteers on MNCHWs and micronutrient supplementation.
- Coordinate with the NFP to ensure that the logistics request is made on time and are available.
- Conduct joint supportive supervision and follow up on the implementation of MNCHWs.
- Organising and conduct meetings with NFP, MCH expert, M&E expert and others at LGA on both a regular and ad hoc basis
- Provide technical support in the preparation of annual /quarterly/ monthly plans on IYCF/ MNCHWs and nutrition in general.
- Support the preparation of supportive supervision plan and follow its implementation.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of a National Diploma in FSL related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, disaster risk management etc.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in humanitarian contexts and conflict/insecure contexts.
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Experience in implementing programmes on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online