Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Officer - PHP & NFI
Nagere, Bade - Yobe
Task and Responsibilities
- The position is based in Yobe state and supervised by the WASH Sector Manager.
- The WASH PHP and NFI Officer is responsible for direct implementation of the public health promotion and non-food items distribution of the WASH project.
- Revise and adapt hygiene promotion training material to local context and in line with target groups to be trained.
- In coordination with the Sector Manager, revise and adapt all IEC materials in line with the local context. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion team members are fully aware of the hygiene promotion Strategy and all activities are in line with strategy activities.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the WASH sector technical team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Continually assess emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health.
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and led the distribution of NFI kits with the Field Assistant team.
- Ensure that a KAP baseline survey is carried out, analysis done and hygiene promotion strategy is designed on the basis of the findings.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree/HND in Public Health, Social Science and other related fields.
- At least 1 year relevant working experience in supervising hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to write quality reports.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.