Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Assistant
Tasks and Responsibilities
- This position is based in Bade, Yobe State and directly supervised by the WASH Officer.
- The WASH Assistant will support the WASH Officer in training and building the capacity of stakeholders and coordinate with internal staff and local stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Participate in the supervision of water, electrification and sanitation construction activities.
- Assist in preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH technical officer in the development of technical guidelines and tools.
- Liaise closely with the WASH PHP team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities.
- Liaise with local government to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status.
- Communicate & report WASH field activities accordingly to all relevant parties.
- Conduct field visit and ensure quality assurance of construction and electrification of facilities being delivered and adherence to design specifications.
- Maintain regular contact with local stakeholders.
- Work closely with the team members and relevant stakeholders throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH project.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of National Diploma in water engineering, hydrology, civil engineering, electrical engineering, building and other related fields with minimum of 1 year field experience.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling, electrical and construction activities.
- Professional, good organizational capacity and motivated.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online