At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Requisition #: 180007ZA
Careers that Change Lives:
- Are you a passionate about representing market leading product in a results oriented environment? As the Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for leading the MITG business in Anglophone West Africa region, with a focus on Ghana and Nigeria.
- You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation!
- A Day in the Life
Your responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- You will ensure area sales teams achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- You will manage area MITG sales staff, with a focus on driving accountability and developing talent.
- You will ensure all MITG sales representatives within the area (internal and external) are appropriately trained for their job function.
- You will develop and implement country-specific sales and marketing strategies, in line with regional marketing guidance and inputs from BU Manager.
- You will ensure local input in regional marketing plans and programs, including but not limited to product launches, promotions, and trainings.
- You will map gaps in health care provider skills, and develop professional development strategy and plans to address those gaps.
- You will supervise the planning/implementation of all marketing, training, and other business development activities in the area. Report on outcomes from these activities.
- You will identify opportunities for market development that will increase access to Medtronic therapies for patients within the area.
- You will manage P&L and ensure appropriate use of budgets for all business-related expenses: marketing, professional development, samples, travel, etc.
- You will provide accurate monthly forecasts to BU Manager / Demand Planning Team.
- You will address any issues with upstream or downstream stock availability.
- You will lead the process for timely submission of any direct/indirect tenders.
- You will complete monthly/quarterly sales reports and other types of reports as required by BU Manager.
- You will gather and analyze information from the local market to inform pricing strategies / decisions.
- You will unblock internal and external barriers to business growth.
- You will manage relationships with channel partners with a focus on driving strategic alignment and achievement of quarterly targets.
- You will ensure success of Naira trading platform, address any commercial or operational issues that arise.
- You will monitor compliance with all ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- You will lead the development of annual key account plans, and track metrics related to these plans.
- You will develop innovative solutions to address customer needs/requirements.
- You will finalize / close contractual agreements; manage complex negotiations.
- You will meet with customers regularly to assess current and future needs as well as to maintain positive relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in relevant field, and 2 years' experience managing a team.
Relevant tertiary qualification:
- Clinical experience in surgical field is an advantage.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of West African health sector (especially, Ghana and Nigeria), with a preference for previous experience in medical devices field.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a matrix structure.
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects within budget and on schedule.
- Ability to identify, manage and improve marketing processes and derive commercial benefit.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a large team of internal/external actors across geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental cooperation.
Physical Job Requirements
- Speak, read and write in English
Application Closing Date
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
- The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online