First Excelsia Professional Services - Our client, in the financial service sector, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Accounts and Finance
- The job holder will be responsible for overall financial management, regulatory & financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation of the company.
- Leads the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities and ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in line with the best practice and statutory requirements.
- Provides accurate and timely financial services including setting monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management of financial accounts and advice support that will inform decision making at all level.
- Manages the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of the variances.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end accounting period close of process and monthly trial balance review to ensure integrity and correctness of the company’s accounting records.
- Coordinates the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Ensures Quality Control over financial transactions and financial reporting by ensuring timely trial balance review, preparation of schedules to accounts and bank reconciliation reports.
- Develops annual operating budgets as well as all project budgets and oversees them.
- Manage and comply with Local, State and Federal Government statutory requirements and tax filings.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Perform other assigned duties and responsibilities by Management.
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc/B.A in Accounting, Finance or related courses.
- 6 - 8 years’ experience.
- Professional membership of ICAN, ACCA etc.
- M.Sc/ MBA is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid Knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- An analytical mind with strategic abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
3rd August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
using "Head, Accounts and Finance" as the subject of the mail.