Population Media Center (PMC) is a nonprofit leader in entertainment-education dedicated to global health, women’s empowerment, poverty alleviation, and the environment. PMC has helped 500 million people live healthier lives in more than 50 countries since 1998. We are experts in using pop culture for social good - producing radio and TV drama series to role model healthy behavior through relatable characters. Local partners, local creative teams, and authentic stories create culturally appropriate national impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, under the supervision of the PMC Resident Representative – Nigeria will supervise and coordinate all in-country research activities for PMC’s program.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager provides technical leadership and coordinates all research for PMC’s program in-country. S/he will provide technical leadership to the country team and assist the Resident Representative in development of budgets for all research activities during the life of the program. S/he will also work closely with the Research Unit at PMC headquarters to assure that in-country research meets the specifications required by the program and its partners. The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will also:
- Assist the Finance Office to monitor research expenses per project budgets, and report these to the Resident Representative in a timely manner
- Assist in proposal development and budget estimations for research activities in country, as needed
- With the assistance of the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters, develop research protocols and sampling plans
- Determine the timeline for all research activities in-country, and ensure that research activities are implemented in a timely fashion
- Work with the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters and in-country research contractors to develop instruments for qualitative and quantitative research
- Keep abreast of required approval procedures (such as ethical clearance) for all research activities conducted in-country
- Assist the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters to develop terms of reference for in-country research activities
- Assist the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters to identify, select, and sign contracts with research contractors in country
Supervision and Monitoring of Research Activities:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will supervise and monitor all research activities during the life of the program, including monitoring progress on all in-country research activities, and submitting timely reports to the Resident Representative. S/he will provide technical input and supervise data collection of all research activities in country. The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will also:
- Monitor progress of all research contracts in-country, and assure that the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters receives data, technical reports, and any relevant deliverables according to contract
- Accompany research contractors in country during research activities to: monitor research progress, document research activities, and ensure quality control of data collection.
Analysis and Reporting:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will be responsible for overseeing analysis and reporting including assisting the Resident Representative in preparation of research reports for PMC Headquarters, donors, government counterparts, and project partners. S/he will also respond to any other analysis and reporting duties as requested by supervisors. The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will also:
Qualifications and Expereience
- Assist the Research Unit at PMC Headquarters and in-country research contractors to prepare and submit manuscripts for peer reviewed journals and other publications
- With the Promotion & Communications Office, prepare fact sheets and presentations about the project(s) in Nigeria for donors, partners, and the public
- Work with VOTO to coordinate the monthly telephone survey, and revise the survey protocol (sampling or questionnaire) as needed.
Application Closing Date
- Advanced degree in social sciences, public health, demography, international development or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in program design, performance monitoring, and evaluation for international development projects
- Excellent English writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Prior experience with non-governmental organizations strongly preferred
- Proficiency in using statistical analysis software (EPI-INFO and SPSS preferred) and Excel
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment
- Effective time management skills
- Flexibility to work long hours
- Demonstrable commitment to reproductive health and related social and health goals.
17th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter's and CV's to: [email protected]