Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Schedule and carry out Bi-monthly PM’s on all sites, perform extraction and analysis of all Site operational alarms.
- Completion of all Site Modificatiom Request (SMR) activities related to PLC packages.
- Ensure all PLC modification register on all sites are up to date.
- Perform catography of all PLC Package equipment and submit to Head of Instrumentation/ICSS for validation
- Ensure all documentation (backup plan, disaster recovery, anti-virus/patch update plan) are intact and up to date.
- Obsolescence management and regular review of Long term upgrade plans.
- Implement cybersecurity requirements as directed by Head of Instrumentation/ICSS.
- Organize annual audit and participate in Risk assessment review when required.
- Development and input of all planned maintenance activities in the COMPANY’s Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - UNISUP.
- Management and follow-up of all PLC package jobs being done by a third party contractor.
- Provision of technical support, failure analyses and specialist engineering services.
- Implementation, testing and commissioning of any approved modification
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance team and act as the focal point for PLC matters. Provide expert technical reports to the Head of Instrumentation/ ICSS, Head of Site Maintenance and other departments.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of minor modifications and improvement projects, to ensure their safe, cost-effective and timely execution in accordance with established Company standards and specifications.
- Review and control the standardization of materials and spare parts for equipment and related systems. Review stock quantities, usage and consumption to minimize the stock value, whilst ensuring that all spare parts are available for routine, defect and shutdown maintenance.
- Preparation (spare parts, manpower, tools, and procedures) of levels 3 to 5 maintenance intervention applicable to PLC units, and other automation packages which are integrated with the ICSS systems.
- Regular review of reliability and maintainability of existing systems, implementation of upgrades and retrofits to address obsolescence.
- Supervise the execution of specific maintenance contracts applicable to Package systems and ensure the optimal usage of contracted resources towards achieving 100% availability.
- Liaise with vendors and the original equipment manufacturers for all queries regarding maintenance modifications, spare parts, drawings and the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure that all drawings, plans, manual are up-to-date and “as built”, and direct draftsmen to carry out all corrections to reflect any alterations, modifications and additions to electrical equipment systems.
- Review and check work completed by contractors and site teams, ensure compliance with work satisfactorily completed, make necessary corrections, and submit to the Head of Instrumentation/ ICSS for endorsement and payment processing.
- To participate in SMR and projects realized by ECP as follows – to validate revisions to Package control FDS, to ensure proposed changes are in conformity with Company GS (General Specifications) and specific requirements of each plant, to expedite an effective handover of new modifications/projects to operations entity.
- Give support to all site locations and to mobilize to any JV site immediately, if required.
- Training of staff working in the team as requested by the Head of Instrumentation/ICSS.
Application Closing Date
- Formal education: B.Sc. in Instrument and DCS Engineering or Electronics and Electrical Engineering (2.1).
- Professional experience: 15 years experience with industrial discipline, specifically with the oil or petrochemical industries.
- Personnel would be properly skilled and trained with in-depth knowledge in PLC Ladder Logic programming.
- Personnel would be properly skilled and trained with in-depth knowledge in Allen Bradley PLC’s, SIEMENS and SCHNEIDER PLC's.
31st July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online