Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services. Our Programs support health outcomes of people living with HIV (PLHIV), TB patients, orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), Adolescent Girl’s, their caregivers and other household members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party - Nigeria, Global Health
: Utako, Abuja
- We are currently seeking a Chief of Party responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR).
- S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and should have extensive experience in public/international health and social service system for OVC.
- S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
- Suitably qualified Nigerians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization, and program-specific policies
- Supervise and mentor senior management staff
- Provide managerial oversight to project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with organization and USG regulations
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure they are compliant with Project HOPE policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations
- Oversee project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and grants
Application Closing Date
- Master's Degree (or higher) in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing complex programs or programs of similar scope and size
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including PEPFAR 3.0 guidelines.
- Experience in managing large child-focused field programs for an international NGO
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of HIV/AIDS-related continuum of care support services. Experience designing, managing, and supporting the implementation of national program activities related to OVC programs strongly preferred
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description
- Experience of working in a developing country setting, preferably Sub-Sharan Africa
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, staff development and capacity building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online