Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a reputable Bank, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Banking Application (Calypso) Support Officer
- To ensure that the Banking Application is continual enhanced and available to Support the Bank’s Business.
- Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate her findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Introduce monitoring systems that identify whether individuals or the organisation are achieving their objectives, as well as any variances in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Remain rational when dealing with others, work within organisational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues, and handle conflict adopting a logical and unemotional approach until a solution becomes achievable.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Work as part of a team and demonstrate tolerance, understanding and consistency when dealing with others.
- Remain self-controlled and be prepared to listen to the views and ideas of others.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Encourage people to communicate effectively and, through example and expertise, create participative attitudes.
- Adopt an accommodating and helpful manner, debate, agree and, where necessary, accept the objectives set by others and work within agreed parameters in order to ensure that tasks are completed.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others. The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature, will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol. The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organised, structured, self-controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant. The environment, wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Good understanding of the Calypso Treasury System will be a plus.
- Good understanding of treasury operations.
- Good understanding of Asset and Liability Management system.
- Basic knowledge of banking operations.
- Good technical exposure in Oracle DBMS.
- Good technical exposure in Unix O/S.
- Good technical exposure in SQL & PL/SQL.
- Good technical exposure in Java.
- Good technical exposure to Finacle or other Treasury System will be a plus.
- First degree in physical or numerate science or engineering.
- At least 1 year cognate experience.
- Application Support.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
- Solution architecture.
- Information Security.
- Calypso Treasury System.
- Asset and Liability Management system
- Business Continuity Planning.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
Application Closing Date
- Service Level Management.
- Project planning and control.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's in MS Word format to: [email protected]
and reference [email protected]
with "Banking Application Support Officer" as the subject of e-mail.