Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a reputable Bank, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOD Support Officer
- The Job Profile suggests that the job incumbent will be required to operate in a technical, specialist or quality area of the organisation.
- The job requires a perfectionist who has an innate need to get things right and prefers to deal with things rather than people. Formulas, facts, logic and system are also important aspects of the position.
- The person fulfilling this function should have the ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Confrontation and unrealistic timescales should not be an important aspect of the job.
- Ideally the person should be conventional, co-operative, cautious, compliant, organised, predictable, methodical and routine-orientated.
- A questioning approach, concentration on detail and a non-assertive nature are also being called for within the position.
- The Job Profile implies that the job will be somewhat analytical and demand a high level of quality control.
- Responsible for running of various batch jobs on the core banking application at the end of every business day and monitoring such processes to ensure system is made available to users at the beginning of business the next day.
- Running EOD, EOM and EOY processes.
- Providing support to users on banking application related issues.
- Generating customized reports from banking application to users.
- Ensuring the banking application services are optimized.
- Training of operations and bank application related processors.
- Interfacing with application development staffs on integrating new applications with the banking application.
- Diploma in Physical or Numerate Science or Engineering.
- At least 1 year cognate experience.
Application Closing Date
- Application Support and maintenance.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
- Solution architecture.
- Information Security.
- Release management.
- Programming/software development.
- Project Planning and control.
- Service level management.
- Behavioural Requirements:
- Provide the best possible solution to problem solving or decision making by conscientiously testing, examining facts, trying different alternatives and careful strategic planning.
- Be systematic and logical in her approach to decision making, ensuring that all the necessary facts and information are available and accurate, and that any decisions taken and acted upon have been carefully considered.
- Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate her findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Provide support and care in terms of both practical advice and actions in areas where competence, knowledge and experience are needed.
- Generate and provide specialist and/or administrative services which benefit the organisation and, depending on whether they are task or people-related, lead to a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations. In order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales, she will need to adopt a passive and non-demanding work style
- Retain a formal and professional manner, reflect on difficult situations and stand back from people and remain unemotional in order to resolve problems objectively.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's in MS Word format to: [email protected]
and reference [email protected]
with "EOD Support Officer" as the subject of mail.