The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Kano Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Communication Field Officer 1
- Monitors security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to ICRC work in the Office AoR, giving special attention to humanitarian consequences.
- Contributes to the analysis of this information and sharing it with the colleagues as per the structure's communication flow.
- Contributes to the development of the structure's network with local stakeholders (including among the media).
- Conducts, mainly independently, information sessions with the main stakeholders.
- Contributes to the interaction with local Nigerian Red Cross Branches (NRCS) and provides support in capacity-building to their particular COM-programs.
- Provides support to other ICRC departments for operational communication on ongoing activities.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with the activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Identifies the communications needs of the office (including in terms of dissemination material), contributes actively to the development of the strategy and planning of activities.
- Contributes to the development of the Delegation’s communication strategy and in the preparation of the annual planning exercise.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently.
- University Degree in Communication; Social Science; Political Science; International Affairs, or any related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar function preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Previous experience working with an international organization is an added value
Application Closing Date
- Very good command of written and spoken English, and Hausa languages. Fula/Fulfulde (Fulani) or other language used in Nigeria an asset.
- Proved knowledge of the cultural, ethnic and political fabrics in the states of North-Central and North-West Nigeria.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Outgoing and confident character.
- Honest and Transparent.
- Can work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate “Communication Field Officer 1 Kano" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.