The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Kano Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Generalist Field Officer 1
- Monitors security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to ICRC work in the Office Area of Responsibility, giving special attention to humanitarian consequences.
- Contributes to the analysis of this information and sharing it with the colleagues as per the structure's communication flow.
- Contributes to the development of the structure's network with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitates internal or external meetings with authorities and stakeholders at local level. Will represent the ICRC in different forums and to different interlocutors sometimes independently.
- Assists the Head of Office in the security management of the Office, including following up premises passive security (with the administration assistant support) and ensuring staff and visitors respect internal security rules.
- Contributes to the implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with ICRC Mandate and operational priorities in Nigeria.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with ICRC activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- University Degree in Social Science; Political Science; International Affairs, Communication or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar function preferably with a humanitarian organization
- Previous experience working with an international organization is an added value
Application Closing Date
- Fluent in English, and Hausa Languages. Fula/Fulfulde (Fulani) or other language used in Nigeria an asset.
- Proved knowledge of the cultural, ethnic and political fabrics in the states of North-Central and North-West Nigeria. Ideally from Muslim culture/background.
- Existing network with key stakeholders of at least one of the following circles (politics, security, religious, customary).
- Sound analytical skills.
- Outgoing and confident character.
- Honest and Transparent.
- Can work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate “Generalist Field Officer 1 Kano" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.