The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Armed and Security Forces Program Assistant (Military) - (FAS Program Assistant)
- Assist in the day to day administration of the Unit.
- Maintain a good working relationship between the ICRC and members of the Armed and security forces in the field.
- Support the Protection Department during visits to military detention places in other to ensure a smooth working relationship between the Team (ICRC) and the military authorities in the field.
- Conduct dissemination sessions on the applicable laws to relevant members of the armed forces deployed in the field.
- Maintains and organises dissemination stock. (Functions undertaken by the Media & Production Officer)
- Contributes to the development and production of dissemination tools.
- Assist in relationship building between the Military in the field and the sub-delegations with emphasis on the Northeast.
- Assist the FAS Head of Unit with Military and security situation briefing for Head of Delegation, Deputy Head of Delegation, Head of Sub Delegation Maiduguri and Field Delegates in the North East
- University Degree in Communication or any relevant fields
- 6 years work experience in a similar field
- Retired member of the Armed forces of Nigeria
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Capacity to analyse the political and social environment
- Computer literate and efficient internet user
Application Closing Date
- Adaptability - openness to new ideas and concepts; ability to work independently or in a team
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to working hours and locale.
- Professionalism and work ethic - productive with a positive work ethic. Sticks to challenges until they are resolved.
- Positive attitude and energy - energetic and enthusiastic; organised in thought and action
16:30h: 20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate “FAS Program Assistant Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.